|260 Chestnut Ridge Road, Bedford Corners, NY 10549 www.westmorelandsanctuary.org
(914)666-8448 Fax:(914)242-1175 firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMER 2016 INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE
WESTMORELAND NATURE CENTER & WILDLIFE PRESERVE
Westmoreland Sanctuary is seeking BA or MA students or recent graduates in environmental sciences or related fields (botany, forestry, ecology, etc.).
This position provides exposure to all aspects of work at a wildlife sanctuary, hands-on experience in the natural history and science field, the means to develop interpretive skills, and the opportunity to work with staff with over 30 years of experience in the environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assessment/mapping of native plants and control of invasive plants
- Assist with teaching environmental education programs
- Research projects to include: bird banding, turtle monitoring, and breeding bird surveys
- Aquatic habitat restoration and improvement
- Daily operations, including live animal care and garden maintenance
- Transfer of historical data to electronic database, mapping, and analysis
- Assist in programs or events of the Sanctuary as needed
- Commitment to work 3-4 days per week from June 15 – Aug 15. Some weekend days may be required. Hours will vary based on the day’s agenda.
- Have reliable transportation to and from the Sanctuary in Bedford, New York.
Stipend of $750 to $1000 available to a well-qualified individual dependent on funding.
Send resume and cover letter to Steve Ricker at email@example.com
Westmoreland Sanctuary, located in Northern Westchester, NY was established in 1957 as a not-for-profit nature center and wildlife preserve and today maintains 640 acres offering 7.5 miles of hiking trails. Westmoreland also offers a variety of environmental education, conservation and recreational programs and events serving over 10,000 students of all ages every year. Through these facilities and programs Westmoreland encourages a deeper understanding and engagement with nature and our environment.
For further information: www.westmorelandsanctuary.org