Enjoy professional development, hikes, crafts,
campfire sing along, comfy lodging, and great company!
Come join us for Winter Weekend 2018! Registration is available for the full event or Saturday only. Discounts are available for NYSOEA members, students/SCA, and workshop presenters. Registration closes February 2nd.
You may also print out and send in this paper form (instructions on form.)
Workshops include Animal Life in Winter, Birch Bark Basket Making, and Fire by Friction.
FRIDAY POTLUCK AND SATURDAY BOOK CLUB
- The Winter Weekend Book Club is back for a second year!! We are reading “The Secret Life of Trees,” and will be discussing it over lunch at Winter Weekend
- We will be bringing back the popular Friday night potluck for a third year! Sign Up Here!
For general information or questions, contact the Winter Weekend Co-chairs:
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow. Bunk beds are bare and bedding is not provided!
- Winter Gear (warm waterproof shoes, coats, gloves, etc. & snow shoes, cross country skis if you have them. We will have snow tubes and snow shoes to borrow. Fahnstock Winter Park rents skis for $16/day for use on their groomed trails.)
- A few dollars for raffle tickets, NYSOEA store, and workshop fees
- Trade Blanket Items (if you are staying for Saturday evening and a fun swap will be held of gently used items.)
- Donations for the lunch time raffle (another opportunity to share your gently used items to benefit a DEC campership for NY inner city youth)
- Instruments for the campfire sing along, if you play one.
For detailed directions to Taconic Outdoor Education Center: