Enjoy professional development, hikes, crafts,
campfire sing along, comfy lodging, and great company!
ACCEPTING WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
Share your talents and bring a winter friendly workshop to Winter Weekend! We like to offer hands on professional development workshops that can be outdoors winter friendly or classroom based. We also like to offer craft and skill building workshops. We are accepting workshop proposals until January 12th.
FRIDAY POTLUCK AND SATURDAY BOOK CLUB
- The Winter Weekend Book Club is back for a second year!! If you are interested or have book recommendations email Jonathan email@example.com or Rebecca firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will be bringing back the popular Friday night potluck for a third year! Look for a signup sheet closer to February.
For general information or questions, contact the Winter Weekend Co-chairs:
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow. Bunk beds are bare and bedding is not provided!
- Winter Gear (warm waterproof shoes, coats, gloves, etc. & snow shoes, cross country skis if you have them. We will have snow tubes and snow shoes to borrow. Fahnstock Winter Park rents skis for $16/day for use on their groomed trails.)
- A few dollars for raffle tickets, NYSOEA store, and workshop fees
- Trade Blanket Items (if you are staying for Saturday evening and a fun swap will be held of gently used items.)
- Donations for the lunch time raffle (another opportunity to share your gently used items to benefit a DEC campership for NY inner city youth)
- Instruments for the campfire sing along, if you play one.
For detailed directions to Taconic Outdoor Education Center: