Enjoy professional development, hikes, crafts,
campfire sing along, comfy lodging, and great company!
Registration is closed for Winter Weekend. Contact Jonathan Billig at firstname.lastname@example.org for Saturday-only registration.
Workshops include Animal Life in Winter, Birch Bark Basket Making, and Fire by Friction.
FRIDAY POTLUCK AND SATURDAY BOOK CLUB
- The Winter Weekend Book Club is back for a second year!! We are reading “The Secret Life of Trees,” and will be discussing it over lunch at Winter Weekend
- We will be bringing back the popular Friday night potluck for a third year! Sign Up Here!
For general information or questions, contact the Winter Weekend Co-chairs:
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag, blanket, pillow. Bunk beds are bare and bedding is not provided!
- Winter Gear (warm waterproof shoes, coats, gloves, etc. & snow shoes, cross country skis if you have them. We will have snow tubes and snow shoes to borrow. Fahnstock Winter Park rents skis for $16/day for use on their groomed trails.)
- A few dollars for raffle tickets, NYSOEA store, and workshop fees
- Trade Blanket Items (if you are staying for Saturday evening and a fun swap will be held of gently used items.)
- Donations for the lunch time raffle (another opportunity to share your gently used items to benefit a DEC campership for NY inner city youth)
- Instruments for the campfire sing along, if you play one.
For detailed directions to Taconic Outdoor Education Center: